Yayasan Sabah Groupís educational programs supplement and complete the activities of the government to promote and uplift the quality of education and educational facilities as well as provide educational opportunities for the people of Sabah.
Education Development Division is responsible in managing the sponsorship of Scholarship, Study Loan and Bursary for the Sabah student at secondary education and as well higher education.
The types of sponsorships are as follows:-
Scholarships for Secondary Education
Higher Education in Malaysia and Overseas
- The scholarships offered for secondary education are Daily Scholarships, Boarding School Scholarship, Peninsular Secondary School Scholarship, Sabah/Sarawak Students Exchange Program; Sarawak Scholarship; Placement of students from rural to urban.
- Scholarship for Peninsular Secondary School, Sabah/Sarawak Students Exchange Program and Sarawak offered for those students who obtained 5As in UPSR examination. Application is announced on radio and published in local dailies in October/November each year.
Study Loan Disbursement and Repayment
- Under these programs, Scholarship; Study Loan and Bursary are offered once a year. Applications will be opened and advertised in local dailies in March/April every year.
- Scholarship offered to those is taking courses in Biotechnology; Nursing; Arabic Language, Medicine and Shipping. However, a place of study for Medicine is specific that is in Egypt, Indonesia and Russia. Other courses besides scholarship will be sponsored under Study Loan.
- Sabah Scholarship for Academic Excellence is offered to Sabah students who obtained excellent result in their SPM examination. This award act as accolade for their success and also act as an incentive for other students to work hard to achieve excellent result.
- Bursary offered for the students taking a certificate level at University Technology Mara (UiTM) and various Polytechnics.
Educational, Counseling and Career Program
- Education Development Division disburse loan to successful applicants upon signing of study loan agreement and confirmed by the Education Legal Officer. Subsequent loan payment will only be made based on academic achievement with CPA/CGPA of 2.0 or higher and upon submission of a copy of latest academic result.
- Study Loan repayment will commence 6 month upon graduation for loan under the IPTS, IPTA, KYS AND ATTN/LN programs. However, repayment for loan under the Long Distant Learning Program (PJJ) will take effect immediately upon release of first loan amount.
- Loanees who default payment and have been issued final warning letter from the Education Legal Section will risk their names and guarantors being published in the local news papers and sent to CTOS for blacklisting. Their family members will also be deprived of future study loan opportunity. As a last resort, legal action will be taken against them.
Under this yearly program, seminar, workshop and camping are organized at the selected venue in the district as a centre. Speaker and representative from the related agencies and higher educational institutions are invited to deliver the input to the target group. Target groups are students, teachers, parents and public.