OIL & GAS
- SHELL TIMUR SDN. BHD.
- PETROSAB LOGISTIK SDN. BHD.
- NRG CONSORTIUM (SABAH) SDN. BHD.
- KIMANIS POWER SDN. BHD.
- KIMANIS O & M SDN. BHD.
- PETROSAB PETROLEUM SDN. BHD.
- KNM PETROSAB ENGINEERING SDN. BHD.
Shell Timur Sdn. Bhd. was incorporated in January 1984 as Shell Marketing Company of Borneo Limited. The Group owns a 15% equity stake in Shell Timur Sdn. Bhd.
The company's main activity is to market petroleum products for Shell throughout Sabah and Sarawak. It operates 11 petroleum depots, three liquefied petroleum gas filling plants, and manages more than 160 retail petrol stations in both states.
Petrosab Logistik Sdn. Bhd. was incorporated in 2004. Petrosab is a joint venture company between two premier State Government agencies, the Yayasan Sabah Group and Asian Supply Base Sdn. Bhd., both of which are involved in oil and gas businesses.
Petrosab is currently involved in:
- Providing crew change services and other logistic support to Sabah Shell Petroleum Co. Ltd. at Usukan.
- Sabah Sarawak Gas Pipeline (SSGP) Project as Engineering, Procument, Construction & Commisioning contractor with Consortium partners Dialog E&C Sdn. Bhd. and Punj Lloyd Ltd of India.
- Manpower supply to Petronas Dagangan Berhad for Kota Kinabalu International Airport and Sandakan Airport Fuel Aviation, Sandakan Fuel Terminal Depot, and Sepangar Fuel Terminal Depot.
- Providing to other oil and gas services to Petronas Methanol (Labuan), Sabah Oil and Gas Terminal (SOGT) as well as Sipitang Oil and Gas Industrial Park (SOGIP).
NRG Consortium (Sabah) Sdn. Bhd. was incorporated on 18 September 2006 as a wholly-owned subsidiary of the Group. The company has formed two JV companies namely, Kimanis Power Sdn. Bhd. and Kimanis O & M Sdn. Bhd., with Petronas Gas Berhad to jointly develop and operate a 300MW gas-fired power plant in Kimanis, Sabah. The power will be supplied to Sabah Electricity Sdn. Bhd. state grid. It is expected to be commissioned by December 2013.
Kimanis Power Sdn. Bhd. (KPSB) was formed with Petronas Gas Berhad (PGB) holding 60% shareholding equity while 40% belongs to NRG Consortium (Sabah) Sdn. Bhd. KPSB owns Kimanis Power Plant in Kimanis, Papar.
Kimanis O & M Sdn. Bhd. (KOMSB) was established to provide operation and maintenance services for Kimanis Power Plant in Kimanis. The equity ownership of the Group and PGB in KOMSB is 40% and 60%, respectively.
Petrosab Petroleum Sdn. Bhd. (PPSB) is a joint venture company between Petrosab Logistik Sdn. Bhd. and KNM Group Berhad (KNM) with equity participation of 60% Petrosab and 40% KNM.
KNM Petrosab Engineering Sdn. Bhd. (KPESB) was incorporated on 20 October 2010 with the purpose of setting up a fabrication yard situated near the Sabah Oil and Gas Terminal (SOGT) Project, Kimanis. The fabrication yard was completed at the end of 2011 and its current activities include design, procurement, prefabrication and site erection of tanks for SOGT Project.